3. Active collection of personal information
The website actively collects personal information from users by asking users specific questions and by allowing users to communicate directly with Bradlows & Morkels through the interactive sections of the website. When you register for any service or benefit or if you register to participate in a particular activity (like a competition or other promotion), we may require that you provide personal information to us. In these situations, Bradlows & Morkels will ask the user for particular information, and inform the user at each information point what information is mandatory and what information is optional.
4. Passive collection of personal information
5. Consent to collection, use and storage of user's personal information
You agree that Bradlows & Morkels may collect, use and store your personal information to:
- establish and verify your identity;
- maintain and update Bradlows & Morkels's customer, or potential customer databases;
- greet you when you access the website;
- send you direct marketing material from which you will be able opt out;
- provide you with value added services like specialized services and knowledgeable staff, free advice, technical call centre, peace of mind supplier backed warranties as well as special corporate deals;
- send you messages about the website, your account, the goods and services we offer;
- communicate with you in general; customise the website to users' preferences;
- inform you of facts relating to your website access and use;
- improve the content of the website or any of our services; installation, guarantee, extended warranties, customer care and product reviews;
- inform you about Bradlows & Morkels goods and services, including information particularly aimed at a specific user;
- inform you about competitions, promotions and special offers from Bradlows & Morkels;
- do marketing and product research for Bradlows & Morkels;
- provide you with targeted advertising when you access the website.
6. Disclosure of user's personal information
Bradlows & Morkels will not sell or distribute personal information or share or disclose personal information except as provided for in this policy. You agree that Bradlows & Morkels may disclose your personal information to:
- Bradlows & Morkels's affiliates;
- employees or third parties contracted or employed by Bradlows & Morkels to provide services for or to Bradlows & Morkels, including for example, website hosting and development, technical support, financial services like credit or other payment processing, delivery services, and other support services. These companies require access to users' personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and Bradlows & Morkels will take all reasonable steps to enter into confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements with the relevant service providers;
- any third party to investigate or resolve complaints, including abuse complaints;
- any third party who acquires all, or substantially all, of the assets or shares in Bradlows & Morkels, any of Bradlows & Morkels's affiliates, and/or the Bradlows & Morkels website, whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
- governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if Bradlows & Morkels is required to do so by law or if Bradlows & Morkels believes that this is necessary to –
- (i) comply with the law or with any legal process;
- (ii) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Bradlows & Morkels, its affiliates or their customers;
- (iii) prevent or deal with fraud or the abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of the website;
- (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Bradlows & Morkels will proactively disclose this information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities). You agree that Bradlows & Morkels may use your personal information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may trade with these profiles and statistical data, provided that the third party will not be able to link the profiles or statistical data to the user. You may update or correct your personal information to ensure it is accurate, current, and complete, by e-mailing Bradlows & Morkels Head office at [email protected] Bradlows & Morkels will take reasonable steps to correct or update such information as soon as possible. Where a user requires Bradlows & Morkels to delete information from the live database, the user agrees that the information may still be retained in backups or archives.
Bradlows & Morkels may monitor, intercept, read, block, or delete communication over its information systems.
Bradlows & Morkels takes reasonable steps to put in place and maintain electronic procedures and systems with reference to accepted technological standards to secure all information under its control.
9. Usernames and passwords
You acknowledge that Internet communications and transactions are not 100% secure or error free. In particular, information may not be secure in transit from the user to the website. Moreover, where the user provides particularly sensitive personal information like passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is the user's responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of it and to safeguard them.
10. Linking to third party websites
The website is not targeted at children under the age of thirteen and Bradlows & Morkels will not knowingly collect information from users in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
No transaction concluded between Bradlows & Morkels and a person under the age of 18 shall be binding upon Bradlows & Morkels unless written consent thereto is received by Bradlows & Morkels from your parent or legal guardian. Bradlows & Morkels therefore reserves its right to request proof of identity prior to concluding any transaction with you. By your continued use of this website, you warrant that you are 18 years old or older.
12. Unauthorised use
Unauthorised use of information systems may be a violation of the law, including the Electronic Communications and transactions Act 25 of 2002 and the agreement between you and Bradlows & Morkels. A violation may result in civil and criminal penalties.
13. Queries and complaints
14. Resolution of disputes